If you're decorating a room in your home and you're nervous to pull the trigger on spending all of your hard earned money, I suggest you create a design board (or mood board as it's commonly referred to) to help you become more confident about your selections and ensure you love all of your choices before you spend any money.
So with that being said, today I'm going to show you a quick and easy way to create a mood board for your interior decorating project.
Here is a video that walks you through the entire process. I've kept the pace fairly slow to ensure newbies could follow along, so feel free to increase the video speed if you feel it's moving too slowly for you.
Here's a quick re-cap:
1. Gather all of the furniture and decor you are considering in one place. I suggest Pinterest.
2. Make sure you have a tool for screenshotting. I use Greenshot.
3. Screenshot each of the furniture and decor pieces you would like to use in your design and save them to a folder on your computer.
4. Upload all of your furniture and decor pieces into a program or app that allows you to edit images easily. I recommend Canva. It's free and very user friendly.
5. Add all of your furniture and decor selections to your Canva design board placing everything on the board in they same way you would in the room. Remove any undesired backgrounds and size items accordingly for best scale and proportion representation (watch the video for a better explanation)
6. Swap out any pieces you aren't loving with alternatives that work in the design.
7. Once you're happy with the overall look and feel, measure and use painter's tape to map out the furniture and wall decor in your room to ensure that everything will fit well in your space and will fit though your front door.
8. If everything fits, order all of your furniture and decor to your home and enjoy!
I hope you found that helpful.
If you'd like to learn my entire design process, check out my Online Interior Design Course. It teaches the step-by-step process I use to execute beautiful home interiors easily and efficiently.
I also want to let you know about my new Paint Colour Scheme eBook. Colour has a psychological effect on how we feel and therefore it's essential when decorating your home to select colors that will help to evoke the feelings that you want to feel.
The eBook also includes; a paint sheen guide, instructions on how to calculate how much paint you'll need, clickable paint color names & surfaces so you can easily order peel-and-stick samples directly to your home. It also include hardwood, countertop and carpet swatches as color references to help you visualize how the paint color might look in your space.
And if you need any furniture and decor to coordinate with your new paint colors, visit our furniture and home decor shop to see some of our favourite pieces to incorporate into your home interior.
Thanks so much for reading. If you'd like to see more interior design related content, be sure to join our Design Tribe. We send interior decorating tips regularly, along with exclusive offers. We'd love for you to join our community.
Until next time, happy decorating!
P.S. Painting your house any time soon? Get our FREE Perfect Paint Colour Checklist & Coordinating Paint Colours Guide!
OTHER TOPICS THAT MIGHT INTEREST YOU........
This post includes affiliate links. Please read our disclosure for more information.